Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Robot Vacuums
- iRobot Roomba i7+ (Editor’s Choice)
- Eufy BoostQ RoboVac 30C (Best Thin)
- Proscenic 850T (Best for Hard Floors)
- Proscenic M7 Pro (Best Laser Navigation)
- iMartine 1600Pa Strong Suction (Best Value)
- Bagotte BG600 (Best for Pet Hair)
- Coredy R750 (Best with Mop Function)
- Robit V7S Pro (Best with Remote)
- Ecovacs OZM0920 Deebot (Best Virtual Mapping)
- Deenkee Cleaner 1500Pa Suction (Best Quiet)
Cleaning our homes is a necessary chore, but it’s not exactly enjoyable! What if there were something that could take away the mundane effort of cleaning? Surely there must be some type of intelligent device that makes cleaning a breeze? There is! Robot cleaners. Robot vacuums can hoover your house using a complex array of AI learning, automation, and sensors. They learn the layout of your home and can be programmed to create daily and weekly cleaning schedules – perfect! In this guide, we have selected the best robot vacuum UK stores has to offer and other high-quality choices to make your cleaning routine easier.
Best Robot Vacuum Reviews – Top 10 Picks
The iRobot Roomba i7+ is a sophisticated robot vacuum cleaner that has reactive technology. If you make a mess or drop something on your floor, you can use the app control to activate the i7, and it will immediately charge to the scene to clean up the evidence.
This vacuum automatically empties itself into the disposal system, which means you shouldn’t have to empty it for up to 60 days. Also, it has a great navigation system and cleaning setup. You can set no-go areas and cleaning plans.
We also like the 3-stage cleaning system. It utilises both dual multi-surface rubber brushes together with powerful suction. This means it will quickly collect anything from small dust, large debris, and stubborn messes. You can also control this robot vacuum via voice control, Google Assistant, Alexa, or iRobot app.
This is a great vacuum, but it may have some small issues. For example, the app could have downtime, which means it may be unavailable for you to use when needed. Also, setting no-go cleaning zones could be time-consuming.
- It has an automatic emptying feature into the allergen lock bags
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- It has a 3-stage cleaning system for a thorough clean
- Can clean specific areas if a mess has been made
- It uses AI learning and can also be activated using voice control
- The associated app may have downtime when it is unavailable
- May sometimes slam hard into furniture and obstructions
- Setting up no-go zones can be a little tricky
With its thin body, the Eufy BoostQ RoboVac 30C is a great product if you have a range of low-seated furniture in your house. It will easily navigate under the furniture and clean those hard-to-reach places that we often simply otherwise ignore.
You can use a Wi-Fi connection with the RoboVac 30C which makes it more responsive. Control it using various methods, including Alexa, Google Assistant, voice control, and the EufyHome App. For ample cleaning power, this product has a 1500Pa suction combined with a low-profile body at just 2.85-inches.
We also like that it uses BoostIQ technology. This means that when it detects different surfaces or more dirt, it will increase the setting for a more powerful cleaning mode. It is also one of the quieter robot vacuums available, and it can run for up to 100 minutes without being charged.
However, the RoboVac 30C may still have some small problems. For example, direct sunlight may affect the vacuum’s sensors. You may also find it hasn’t got the largest bin capacity depending on your usage.
- Has a Wi-Fi connection and can be used with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Can easily fit under sofas and beds with a thin 2.85-inch profile
- Can set boundaries for cleaning
- Has an adjustable suction strength that increases when more dirt is detected
- One charge should provide up to 100 minutes of hoovering
- Direct sunlight may affect the sensors and abilities of the vacuum
- You may have to empty the collection bin often as it could overflow
- May sometimes get stuck in corners or underneath objects
If you live in a house with many hard floors like tiling or laminate, the Proscenic 850T is a good option. This is due to its powerful 3000pa suction motor. It is also able to mop for you, so you never have to touch a mop and bucket again.
This robot vacuum is not just for hoovering and mopping. It can also perform simple sweeping. For mopping, you can control the water level to ensure that no water is wasted. The 850T is also efficient due to the lithium-ion battery that lets it operate for up to 120-minutes on one charge.
For control, you can use a variety of options, including remote control and third-party services like Google Home. The ProscenicHome App is also useful and allows you to schedule cleaning and change the settings of the vacuum cleaner. The suction power of 3000Pa has 3 levels of adjustment.
However, this Proscenic vacuum may not be perfect. For example, you may find the remote control unintuitive to use. Lastly, on occasion, it may leave areas of your floor uncleaned.
- High-quality brushless motor with 3000Pa suction
- Low-profile design with an overall height of 2.8-inches
- Use the app to access smart features and create a cleaning schedule
- Has three functions – sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping
- Lithium-ion battery can last for up to 120-minutes on one charge
- The mopping function may not be thorough enough
- May leave certain areas without fully cleaning them
- The remote control may be unintuitive at times
One of the best robot vacuums in the UK is the Proscenic M7 Pro. It is a versatile robot vacuum cleaner that has a great set of features. This includes intelligent mapping, a host of collision sensors, and an array of cleaning modes.
This robot vacuum cleaner has an upgraded room mapping navigation system from previous versions. This means that it can map the layout of your home and create an efficient cleaning route for each room of your house. In addition, the 24 smart sensors on the exterior mean that this vacuum can handle difficult environments and avoid collisions.
The 2700pa suction of the vacuum also makes sure that it easily picks up hair, dirt, and even fine dust. For larger homes, the lithium-ion battery also lasts for 150 minutes per charge which may be equivalent to up to 300 square metres.
Although this may be the best robot vacuum in the UK for us, there may still be room for improvement. For example, the Proscenic app could be difficult to learn, and it may not be quiet during operation.
- Intelligent room mapping system to plan best cleaning paths
- Smart sensor technology can easily cope with busy home environments
- Acompyaning Proscenic App lets you control where the vacuum goes
- Powerful suction with a maximum power of 2700pa
- The lithium-ion battery lasts for up to 150 minutes on one charge
- Some may find the Proscenic app a little difficult to use
- It may not be the quietest robot vacuum available
- The suction container may leave a little dirt behind
The iMartine has a solid set of features and a good design. It has everything you need from a robot vacuum, including a low profile body, long battery life, and a range of cleaning modes and scheduling options. It will also adapt its cleaning depending on the different floor surfaces it is covering, whether it be hard floor or carpet.
With a 1600Pa suction, this robot vacuum has an excellent cleaning power that can pick up dirt on any type of floor, including heavy carpets and hardwood floors. It can also identify the type of floor you have and adjusts its settings. One battery charge also lasts for up to 120 minutes and has a charge time of 5 hours.
For planning, you can choose from 6 cleaning modes, including automatic, spot, and edge cleaning. This robot hoover will return to the docking station automatically when low on power. It also comes with a remote control that allows you to set the different vacuuming functions.
This is a good vacuum, but it may not be perfect. You may find the remote is slow to use, and rollers may also get clogged easily and need cleaning often.
- It has a thin profile with an overall height of just 2.7-inches
- Strong suction with a maximum power output of 1600Pa
- It has six different cleaning modes, and you can create daily cleaning plans
- A single charge of the lithium-ion battery lasts for up to 120 minutes
- Has an array of advanced anti-collision sensors and anti-drop technology
- Some may find the remote control a little slow to use
- It may be relatively loud when operational
- You may need to clean the rollers frequently
Cleaning when you live with pets can be difficult. This is why the Bagotte BG600 makes a great choice for a robot vacuum cleaner. It has powerful suction and a range of cleaning modes that allow you to vacuum that pesky pet hair effectively.
Except for the warning sounds, the general operation of this robot vacuum is quiet at a noise level of just 55dB. It also has a slimline design with a height of 2.7-inches. For power, the motor has a 1500Pa suction which should easily tackle dust, hairs, and food debris.
You can also use three different functions – sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. When vacuuming over heavy surfaces like deep carpets or rugs, the device will also increase its power to ensure that all dirt is removed for a deep cleaning job. We also like the variety of cleaning modes and the smart navigation system.
This is a great robot vacuum and mop, but you may have to buy a separate water tank to use the mopping feature. Also, you may find it struggles to clean around its docking station.
- Has a strong and powerful 1500Pa suction motor
- Can easily fit under sofas and furniture with a 2.7-inch height
- Has intelligent boosting technology to collect dirt in carpets and rugs
- Has an intelligent set of sensors to help avoid collisions
- Can utilise a range of different cleaning modes, including mopping
- You may have to purchase a separate water tank to use the mopping function
- May not clean properly surrounding the charging station
- You may find the warning beeping sounds incredibly loud
Mopping hard floors like tiles in a kitchen or bathroom can be a chore. However, the Coredy R750 can take away the effort with its useful wet-dry mopping system. It also has an attached water tank.
To control the R750 effectively, you can use the smart app. This app allows you to create custom cleaning modes, schedules and also set cleaning directions. The mop function is also advanced as it utilises an electronic water pump and monitors water flow.
This robot cleaner also has magnetic boundary strips and a host of sensors so you can set virtual no-go zones, and rest assured it doesn’t fall down the stairs. However, it can still reach difficult areas and clean corners effectively. Also, the vacuum suction is rated at 2000Pa, which should easily tackle any mess.
This is a solid mopping vacuum, but you could find that you have to clean the filter regularly. Also, it may sometimes get stuck when returning to the docking station and lose charge.
- Can be controlled via voice activation, app, Google Assistant and Alexa
- Intelligent mopping feature with water tank included
- Increases suction when larger areas of dirt are detected
- Has a range of sensors to avoid collisions and drops
- The vacuum has a 2000pa suction power
- The remote may have a limited range
- You may find the filter gets easily clogged
- May sometimes get stuck while returning to the docking station
The smart navigation system of this robot vacuum allows it to learn the layout of your floors so that it can avoid obstacles such as chair legs and toy boxes. It also has a downward sensor to avoid any drops.
With a 2000Pa suction motor, this vacuum will easily pick up pet hair, dust, and food spills. It also has a relatively slimline design with a height of 3.1-inches. As a result, it should be able to fit under sofas and beds.
Regardless of your floor size, the vacuum should still be able to complete its clean in one sweep. This is due to the lithium-ion battery that allows it to run for up to 100 minutes. You will also find the remote beneficial as you can set hoovering plans easily.
However, the Robit V7S may not be without its flaws. For example, it could sometimes hoover the same area of the floor several times, and it may not have the quietest operation.
- Strong vacuuming function with a 2000Pa suction force
- A relatively slim design with an overall height of 3.1-inches
- You can set cleaning schedules using the remote controller
- A single battery charge provides up to 100 minutes of vacuuming
- Has a solid range of sensors for efficient cleaning routes
- You may find that it hoovers the same area several times in one session
- It may not be the quietest robot vacuum available
- You may notice the suction is not great on deeper rugs
The Ecovacs OZM0920 Deebot is a good choice if you have a home with complex floor layouts and a host of objects that the vacuum must avoid. This is because it has intelligent mapping technology and can create virtual layouts of your home.
It can store up to 3 maps and store them on the app for repeat usage. This makes it a perfect device for multi-level homes or several cleaning spaces.
If you have a hard floor like laminate and tiles, it also has a dual cleaning function. During this function, it will vacuum and mop simultaneously. When used on carpets, it will also double its suction power. We also like the battery run time of up to 110-minutes.
This vacuum is a good choice, but it may not be perfect. Firstly, the Wi-Fi signal could sometimes lose connection. Secondly, it may sometimes lose the virtual floor maps it has created.
- Smart Navi 3.0 for intelligent mapping and creation of a floorplan
- Virtual boundary detection for both vacuuming and mopping functions
- 240ml water tank for mopping large floors effectively
- Long battery life with up to 110 minutes of vacuuming on one charge
- You can control this vacuum via the Ecovacs home app
- You may find that it gets stuck when returning to the charging station
- It may lose Wi-Fi connection which can affect its cleaning plan
- You may also find that it sometimes loses the maps it has created
If you have a baby, small children, or pets, the Deenkee vacuum is a great option due to its low noise operation. It will easily vacuum your home without causing too much disturbance – day or night.
This robot vac offers comprehensive suction with a 1500Pa rating. As a result, it will tackle any type of mess easily. It will also vacuum effectively regardless if you have hardwood floors or heavy carpets.
This vacuum also has four cleaning modes – auto, spot, edge, and single room mode. From previous models, the cleaning system has also been upgraded with double-sided brushes to ensure there are no dead angles whilst cleaning. We also like the low profile of this vacuum and its incredibly quiet operation.
This Deenkee product is a solid option, but you could find the app is a little tricky to use. Also, you may experience a loss of connection with the Wi-Fi and app on occasion.
- Operates at noise levels of less than 55dB
- 100-minute battery life is great for most homes
- Has a variety of cleaning modes and the ability to create schedules
- Low profile design with an overall height of just 2.7-inches
- Has decent suction power of 1500Pa
- You may find that the Wi-Fi/App connection is sometimes unstable
- The accompanying app may be a little confusing to use
- May sometimes vacuum over the same section of carpet
What to Look for in the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
Now that we have shared our best robot vacuums, we can provide some simple buying advice. The following are useful features to look for when researching the best robot vacuum cleaners.
The suction power defines how effective the vacuum is at collecting dust and dirt. Ideally, the robot vacuum should have a minimum suction rating of 1500Pa. You can also find that some more advanced robot vacuums have a suction rating of up to 3000Pa, which is great for deep carpets and rugs.
Intelligent Mapping Features
One of the great features of the best robot hoover models is their intelligent technology and smart features. A specific feature is the ability to map your floor layout and learn the best cleaning routes. If you have a house with a lot of furniture, a robot vacuum with floor mapping and AI learning is a must. This will make sure that the robot won’t get stuck and can easily navigate around your furniture.
Unlike traditional vacuums, you can control most robot vacuums in a number of ways. The more ways you can control it, the greater flexibility you have. The most common method of control is an accompanying app. Most manufacturers have a smartphone app that allows you to fully control the robot. Also, some robot cleaners can integrate with AI apps like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Finally, some vacuums can even be activated via voice control.
The battery life of a robot vacuum is also something to consider. How long the battery lasts will determine how quickly the vacuum can hoover your house. For example, if it had short battery life, the vacuum would have to return frequently to the docking station to charge.
Ideally, a robot vacuum with a battery life of 100-minutes or more is a great option. This should give ample time to hoover your house in one session without the need to re-charge.
Size of the Robot Vacuum and Docking Station
Lastly, consider the size of the robot vacuum. One of the most important factors is height. If you have low-hanging furniture that does not have much clearance from the floor, you need a robot vacuum small enough to fit underneath. Many robot vacuums have a low profile and can be as small as 2.7-inches in height. But with smaller robot vacuums, you should also expect a smaller bin capacity that may need changing more frequently.
Also, consider the size of the docking station. You must have somewhere to fit it comfortably. Also, the surrounding area must have enough space so the robot vacuum can easily navigate back to the station to charge.
Can a Robot Vacuum Be Used to Hoover Stairs?
No. Even the best robot vacuum cleaners cannot climb stairs. The technology simply isn’t available. It isn’t likely to become available soon either due to the complexities of robot mechanics. Unfortunately, you will still have to hoover your stairs manually! However, most robot vacuum cleaners come equipped with drop sensors to avoid falling down the stairs and diverting away if they begin to hoover too close.
Are Robot Vacuums Quicker Than Manual Cleaning?
Quicker – not necessarily. Oftentimes even the best robot vacuum cleaners will still take longer to hoover your house. However, it’s not the speed that matters. The benefit is that you do not have to put in the physical effort as you would a traditional vacuum cleaner. You can simply switch the vacuum on and let it work its magic whilst you do something else!
Is a Robot Vacuum Cleaner Safe to Use With Children or Pets?
Yes, however, some precautions are advisable. Firstly, you should never let your children ride on or place objects on top of robot vacuums. Secondly, we advise placing the docking station in an area that your children cannot easily access. It may also take some time for pets to get used to the noise and roaming motion of a robot vacuum cleaner.
From the above robot vacuum cleaner reviews, our top pick is the iRobot Roomba i7+. As our choice for the best robot vacuum in the UK, this device has it all. Firstly, it has an automatic emptying feature into allergen lock bags. Secondly, it’s compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant. Finally, its AI learning requires minimum human interaction so it can be left to hoover in peace.