Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Sorting through the best microwaves to find the one most suited to you can be more challenging than it seems. There are dozens of products available, each with its own unique features and benefits, from digital screens to energy-efficient performance.
You want a product that’s packed with features to make your life easier without being too complex. We put together this list of the top microwaves to help you narrow down your options and make an informed decision.
How We Compared Microwaves
To find the right microwaves, we considered multiple factors, including:
- Appearance / Design
- Cooking Programs and Features
- Ease of Use
Our team planned comparison points and specifically looked for products that would cater to all kinds of needs. We spent countless hours researching, consulting customer reviews and comparing features to come up with this list.
If you’re looking for a microwave with the perfect balance of power and functionality, this model could be the ideal pick. This high-power microwave comes with a great 25-litre capacity, so there’s enough room for a family-sized meal.
A powerful 900-watt performance ensures you can warm and cook a variety of foods quickly and conveniently. Various cooking modes are available, including pre-designed programs for making popcorn, pizza, and jacket potatoes. Plus, there are buttons for reheating drinks, dinner, and even frozen vegetables.
The convenient digital display makes it easy to set your microwave to your exact specifications. There’s even an “Eco” function if you’re worried about your energy bill. The child safety lock also prevents youngsters from starting your microwave on their own. This means you have more peace of mind when cooking at home.
- Modern appearance looks great in a range of homes
- Convenient “eco” function for energy-conscious households
- Powerful 900-watt performance heats food quickly
- Plenty of pre-programmed cooking modes to choose from
- The ceramic coating on the interior makes it easier to clean
- Buttons may be a little unresponsive at times
- The constant interior light may be a problem for some
- You may find setting the power mode every time frustrating
This microwave has an impressive 1000-watt performance and is designed for those in search of a rapid heating and cooking solution. These devices allow you to cook a variety of meals fast. What’s more, the unique inverter technology and precise power control ensure dishes are cooked evenly.
Thanks to an intelligent interior design, this high-power microwave won’t take up as much space on your kitchen counter as many alternatives. It’s 20% smaller than conventional combination ovens, with the same amount of power. The fan sits on the top of the oven rather than on the back. This increases the interior space, so you have a much bigger internal turntable. 34cm of turntable room allows you to use bigger dishes and plates.
Pre-programmed modes make setting your microwave up quick and simple. Just enter the weight of your food, and it can intelligently determine the right power and cooking time for you. There are even modes for junior foods, like vegetable fries and pureed fruits.
- Excellent 1000-watt performance for quick cooking
- Unique interior design for space-saving
- Pre-programmed modes for adults and children
- Large 27L capacity for family cooking
- The lightweight design might cause the microwave to move around easily
- It may be difficult to see the display clearly from every angle
- Buttons may be a little problematic due to a lack of tactile feedback
This freestanding microwave delivers excellent results if you’re looking for a high-performance design for a smaller household. The 20-litre capacity is ideal for cooking all kinds of foods quickly, with a strong 800-watt performance.
This easy-to-use microwave is designed for simplicity. There’s a dial to set the perfect cooking time and power level, so you don’t have to worry about digital screens. Sleek and stylish, the product comes in various colours and is compact enough to fit well into smaller kitchens.
This microwave’s interior features an extra-strong and easy-to-clean coating, so you can simply wipe down any messes after each use. You can also remove the 25cm turntable to make cleaning a little easier with messy foods like soups.
- Simple configuration for people who aren’t very tech-savvy
- Its powerful 800-watt performance will ensure fast cooking
- Good interior capacity for smaller households
- Various colour options to choose from
- Easy to clean with a removable turntable
- It may be tricky to get the timing just right with a dial
- No pre-programmed modes may be an issue for tech-savvy users
- Lightweight material may be more prone to dents
Does the smell of burning food in your microwave always put you off using it? If so, this microwave could have the perfect solution. In-built deodorisation helps to reduce the risk of unwanted smells, while a ceramic enamel interior facilitates quick and easy cleaning.
Samsung’s Solo microwave comes with a great 23-litre capacity and an 800-watt cooking power, so you can cook decent amounts of food with speed. The triple distribution system emits heat from three different points for a more even heat across your dish. The more heating points in your microwave, the less likely you are to end up with cold spots on your food.
The Samsung microwave comes with a range of healthy pre-set menu options. These are designed for healthier foods to add to the convenience of your cooking experience. If you want to save your favourite settings, there’s a memory function, plus a quick “power defrost” mode.
- Deodorisation to reduce burning food smells
- Enamel ceramic interior for quick cleaning
- Decent 23-litre capacity for plenty of cooking options
- Sleek and stylish appearance
- Multiple healthy cooking modes
- It may be difficult to see inside the microwave while cooking
- The defrost setting might be a little tricky to master at times
Wish your microwave could do a little more than just heat food up? This combination oven combines microwave and oven capabilities, so you can grill, roast, reheat, and defrost in the same appliance. With a powerful 950w capacity, you’ll be cooking all kinds of food in no time.
This simple and effective combination microwave comes with a range of features, and it is designed to add modern convenience to everyday life. Users can access ten pre-set menu options for heating popular foods like vegetables and pizza. You can also choose from a range of five power levels, adjusting between eco-friendly cooking and fast-paced heating.
Convenient features include a defrost by weight/time, a quick-start function, and a kitchen timer. This microwave can do a lot more than your standard kitchen accessory. There’s also a convenient ceramic enamel interior, making cleaning quick and simple.
- Excellent combination oven and microwave features
- 25L capacity suitable for a range of foods
- Ten pre-set menu options and a range of custom settings
- Extra features like “quick start” for convenience
- Easy-to-clean ceramic enamel interior
- It might be difficult to use the buttons with a lack of feedback
- The convection oven may take a while to heat up and cools down fast
Turntables have a habit of slipping off their tracks from time to time. If this is a problem for you, or you just want more space for heating larger plates, this could be the microwave for you. This sleek and stylish microwave comes with 800 watts of power and no turntable. This gives you more freedom to cook anything.
The flatbed technology also means you can add more food to the inside of your microwave without running out of available space. Square plates and casserole dishes will fit easily into this microwave, and the inside is wonderfully easy to clean.
With eight auto-cook menus to choose from, you can set your microwave up and running in no time. There are even extra features included. A child lock safety option gives you peace of mind. Elsewhere, a digital clock and count-down timer help you track meal cooking times.
- No turntable means there’s more space for cooking
- Stylish design with a sleek finish for kitchens
- Easy-to-clean interior
- Various auto-cooking menus to choose from
- Safety lock included
- It might be difficult to set manual times for some meals
- The buttons may be difficult to use at times
Limited space in your kitchen? A lack of countertop room doesn’t have to mean you need to compromise on microwave power. This manual microwave is a simple, convenient, and compact solution for cooking.
The 17-litre capacity is perfect for smaller cooking and heating jobs. The easy-to-use dials mean you don’t have to worry about learning how to use a new set of digital buttons. There’s also a range of power levels to choose from, so you can tailor your cooking experience to suit your needs.
The Russel Hobbs microwave, compact and attractive, is designed to fit neatly into any kitchen environment. You can even get matching accessories like toasters and kettles. In addition, the device also comes with an easy-to-clean wipeable interior and exterior and a removable glass turntable.
- Convenient design with no digital buttons
- Compact enough to fit in smaller kitchens
- Easy to clean both inside and out
- Power settings included
- It may be difficult to use if you have grip issues due to smooth dials
- It might not have the best energy efficiency levels
How to Choose the Best Microwave
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to choosing the best microwave. Your distinct cooking needs will guide your decision in this case. Think about the size of your family and how many people you might need to cook for on a daily basis.
Microwaves today have a range of great features to explore, including convenient pre-set programmes. Consider how you intend to use your microwave and whether you’ll be simply reheating foods or defrosting and roasting. Making the right choice now should help you to avoid having to purchase a new device too soon.
Let’s take a look at some of the factors you may want to consider when making your choice:
A larger capacity may be ideal for families and large batches of food. However, a bigger microwave also means you’ll take up more kitchen space. Consider your space requirements carefully before deciding. Remember, you can always cook food in batches with a smaller microwave if necessary.
A strong wattage will ensure you can cook foods more rapidly. Some devices also come with the option to change power levels for different cooking options (like defrosting). It’s also worth looking at the energy efficiency of your microwave so you know how much you’re spending on energy.
Appearance / Design
A great microwave should look modern, sleek, and attractive. Think about how your microwave is going to fit in with the rest of your kitchen design. The design that’s right for you will be dependent on your personal preferences and your size requirements. Think about everything from colour to the use of dials instead of digital screens.
Cooking Programs and Features
Many digital microwaves come with cooking modes for popular meals, so you can spend less time fiddling with settings. You might even want to look for a microwave with convection cooking modes. The more modes you can choose from, the less work you need to do getting everything set up.
Ease of Use
A microwave that’s easy to use will save you a lot of time when cooking. Decide whether you’d rather have a set of dials (ideal for older users) or a digital display with a range of buttons. A simple device should also be easy to set up straight out of the box. Plus, it’s helpful to look for a product that’s easy to clean and maintain.
We chose the Sharp 900W Digital Touch Control microwave as our top pick, thanks to its excellent combination of power and simplicity. The device is easy to use with a range of great cooking modes and comes with a convenient digital display. There’s even an eco-mode for people who want to keep their energy bills low.