Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Laundry baskets are an often overlooked home essential. If yours has seen better days, updating to a pristine model will definitely improve your house décor. Additionally, investing in a new one could make this daily chore easier. Discover how to choose the best options for your home with our highly rated selections and buyer’s guide.
How We Compared Laundry Baskets
To find the right laundry baskets, we considered multiple factors, including:
Our team planned comparison points and specifically looked for products that would cater to all kinds of needs. We spent countless hours researching, consulting customer reviews and comparing features to come up with this list.
Laundry Basket Reviews
Thanks to its excellent construction, design and durability, this model is our favourite and Editor’s Choice. It makes a great option if you need a laundry basket for your bathroom. It also has a sturdy rust-proof frame and plastic woven outer – an ideal combination for use in humid conditions.
Its removable cotton liner, with a divider, makes sorting and transporting your dirty laundry a breeze. Organise your washing directly into lights and darks in the basket’s compartments and save time going through your clothes on laundry day. This basket also features two sturdy cut-out side handles for simple transportation.
Easy to assemble and quick to fold away when it’s not in use, this basket is also good-looking and highly practical. Choose from a range of five different shades to best match your bathroom or bedroom décor. With a generous 110L capacity, this model is suitable for families and couples alike.
- 110L capacity
- Durable woven plastic construction
- Two compartments with removable liner
- Side handles
- Foldable for easy storage
- This product’s assembly instructions could be clearer
- The divider could be more rigid
If appearances are important to you, you’ll want to take a closer look at our Luxury Choice. This laundry bin is ideal for placing in your bathroom or bedroom. Its stylish, minimalist vibe is sure to attract plenty of compliments.
This Brabantia laundry bin is perfect for a couple or a small family with its 60L capacity. Thanks to its corrosion-resistant steel body, you can keep it in a damp environment. The cork lid adds a touch of warmth, while its quick-drop opening makes it easy to insert your laundry even with one hand. A plastic ring covers the base to protect your hard floors.
One of the main advantages of this high-quality basket is that it’s simple to keep clean. The ventilation holes on the main body increase airflow to your laundry. What’s more, the inner cotton bag is machine washable. It is also detached from the bin via its velcro attachment system.
- 60L capacity
- Cork lid with quick-drop opening
- Corrosion-resistant steel body
- Ventilation holes
- Removable cotton liner with velcro fixation
- This product could be easier to move
- Its cork lid may wear faster than a plastic one
Our best-value laundry bin pick is a perfect choice if you need a family-sized model that is foldable and effortless to move around. At 115L, this sizeable basket makes a good option for larger households.
Made from 600D Oxford cloth, this laundry basket is highly resistant and comes with a PE-coated interior for extra durability. Despite its large capacity, this collapsible model folds down for effortless storage when it’s not in use. Thanks to its big metal loop with EVA soft-grip handles, it’s also easy to carry, even with just one hand.
This lightweight, portable basket requires no assembly, which is quite practical. Its light grey shade and modern design ensure it won’t look out of place in any home.
- 115L capacity
- Collapsible design
- Large soft-grip metal handles
- PE-coated 600D Oxford cloth construction
- Lightweight & easy to carry
- This product may not stand fully upright when empty
- It could be improved with some ventilation holes
Our choice for the best wide laundry basket comes highly recommended if you are looking for a stylish option that is extra easy to throw your dirty clothes in. Measuring 55cm wide by 35cm high, this model has plenty of space for your clothes or bedding.
Thanks to its cotton rope construction, it won’t damage your hard floors. It also makes it highly durable, being wear-resistant. The integrated handles are strong and sturdy. Plus, as they are a continuation of the main body, they don’t detract from this laundry basket’s neat aspect.
Given its wide opening and discrete yet smart appearance, this option will look great in any room. It could also be used as an all-purpose storage basket for throws, cushions and bedding, making it a convenient choice.
- 55cm diameter by 35cm tall
- Durable cotton rope construction
- The soft base won’t damage floors
- Strong integrated handles
- Doubles as an all-purpose storage basket
- This product’s stitching pattern may be slightly uneven
- It could be less suitable for placement in your bathroom
This pick is ideal if you want a small model that takes up little space. Thanks to its 43L capacity, it’s a handy size to have in smaller bedrooms.
This durable laundry basket has a PE coating to ensure your clothes stay dry and protected. It also comes with a useful drawstring lid closure. This feature ensures that no dirty clothes will fall out when carrying the bin to your washing machine.
Two side handles make this model simple to move around. Plus, the collapsible design makes it effortless to store. Thanks to its pop-up configuration, it’s also extra easy to set up when required and fold away.
- 43L capacity
- Polyester construction with PE coating
- Drawstring lid closure
- Freestanding design that collapses for storage
- Two side handles
- This product’s handles could be larger
- It may fall over when empty
This laundry hamper is an excellent model for any bathroom or bedroom, thanks to its elegant looks and practical design. Its generous 60L capacity makes it a good choice for medium households.
The traditionally-styled Curver basket features an open weave resin construction. Not only is it a very durable model, but also easy to wipe clean. Its open weave construction also ensures that your laundry can breathe, thanks to improved air circulation.
Lightweight, this laundry basket is also highly portable due to its comfortable cut-out side handles. It comes with a two-way opening lid so that you can position it neatly, making it also a great space saver.
- 60L capacity
- Durable resin construction
- Open weave design for enhanced ventilation
- Easy to clean
- Large lid with two-way hinged opening
- This product may be more cream-coloured than white
- Its lid hinges may be a little fiddly to set up
Choose this product and save time sorting through piles of dirty laundry. With dual compartments, you can keep your whites separated from coloured ones, making it quick and simple to get the washing on.
The main advantage of this particular laundry basket is the design of its removable tote liners. Each bag has long, easy-to-carry handles and bottom helper handles for hassle-free emptying into your washing machine. Once you’ve got your washing on, the self-fitting tote bag rims allow you to quickly fix them back into place.
At 90L, this model is large enough for a small family. The included lid, complete with a central handle, helps to keep your laundry neat and tidily concealed. All in all, it’s a practical, good-looking option for any home.
- 90L capacity
- Dual compartments
- Two easy-carry liners with self-fitting rims
- Stylish fabric outer
- Helper handles for quick emptying
- This product could be simpler to assemble
- It could be a little sturdier
How to Choose a Laundry Basket
We’ve outlined below the most important factors you want to consider to help you pick a new laundry basket for your home.
Wondering which size basket to buy? Their capacity is normally measured in litres. Aside from how many people live in your household, you should also consider how frequently you put your washing machine on.
- Under 50L – These laundry bins are considered small. They are a good choice for single-person households or individual bedrooms.
- 50-60L – These are standard sizes suitable for couples and small families. You could also use one for medium-sized households if you put on several loads of washing throughout the week.
- 90L & over – These large and extra-large baskets are suitable for families of four and over. You may also wish to invest in a large model as a small household or a couple. This will allow you to space out your laundry days, even if you have a lot of bedding waiting to be washed.
Laundry baskets come in a wide range of different materials. Some models may be made out of a combination of two or more materials for different parts.
- Plastic – sturdy and rigid, this material is a good choice for laundry baskets. It is also easy to wipe clean. Woven models also provide optimum ventilation.
- Metal – This makes a good-looking option. Just ensure yours is corrosion resistant if you will be using it in a damp environment. Metal bins often come with a fabric liner.
- Fabric – cotton and polyester are both popular choices. If you are putting yours in your bathroom, look for a treated fabric to keep your laundry dry.
Your laundry bin’s design can have a huge impact on its functionality. Select a model with compartments if you regularly spend a lot of time sorting your laundry into colours. Alternatively, you may wish to opt for a collapsible model if you’re short on space. A product with a removable liner makes a good choice if you’ll be carrying it up and downstairs.
Unless you’re keeping your basket inside your laundry room, chances are, you’ll want a model that’s easy to carry. Large, secure handles can significantly increase portability, as can a removable liner. If you intend to transport it back and forth to your washing machine, make sure you choose a lightweight option.
The best pick is the Songmics Laundry Hamper, our Editor’s Choice. It has a generous 110L capacity, making it a great size for both large and small households. Its plastic woven outer is easy to wipe clean and provides excellent ventilation.
The removable cotton liner is effortless to carry and features two compartments, ensuring you won’t waste time sorting out your whites from your colours. Moreover, this model is foldable for storage and has two side handles, so you can quickly move it around as needed.
Kelly is an expert in consumer product research, which is very important when it comes to finding the most useful and aesthetically pleasing items for your home. This became her passion after finding it very time-consuming to wade through all the product information online.
She has a keen attention to detail which she brings to her articles, Kelly’s goal is to help you find what you need without spending too much time searching for it.