Men with beards are often faced with the dilemma of keeping the growth neat and trimmed. Beard trimmers are designed for the task of creating a look as you shape your beard. How do beard trimmers work? They are made to fit comfortably in your hand as you trim and contour your beard lines. The portable trimmer is angled to fit your face for a close shave. These tools are light and easy to use, with a little practice, you can achieve a unique look of your own.
Steps in Using a Beard Trimmer
- To get the maximum benefit of your trimmer, prepare your beard by combing it towards the way it grows. This helps the hair to stand up, and you will get a more uniform cut.
- Trimmers work with the aid of different length guards that help you get a close trim or a gradual cut. The types and number of guards differ with each brand, so find the right kind for you.
- If you want a longer beard, trim in the direction your hair grows. For a closer trim, shave against the growth of your beard. This will prevent patchiness and uneven trims.
- The trimmer allows you to try different stylings for your facial hair. When choosing a style, remember to consider the time you have for grooming. Depending on how fast your beard grows, you may need to trim every week or it could be a couple of times a month.
- You should always clean up long or loose hairs around the mouth.
- Trimmers are designed to cut close without much pressure on your part. Pressing down too hard on the blade may cause more hair to be cut, than desired.
- You can also use the beard trimmer on other areas of concern like the ears and eyebrows. Regular blades are too heavy and sharp for these sensitive areas. The lightweight trimmer makes it easy to reach challenging angles on your face.
The convenience and ease of use make beard trimmers a popular grooming tool. These trimmers are portable and light, allowing you the freedom of movement to get into the hard to reach places on your face. It does take practice and consistent use to achieve a groomed look. Attention to your eyebrows, nose and ear hairs and beard can make a big difference in your overall look.
It may be helpful to obtain pictures of the style you want, until you get used to the process. Goatees, Van Dykes and heavy beards are all popular for different men. Women admire a well-groomed man and with today’s technology, a bold look is within your reach.
Even if you are an old schooler who has always just used a razor, you will be delighted with the flexibility and ease of a beard trimmer. This innovative grooming tool opens up all kinds of styles and choices in your appearance. If you haven’t tried a trimmer yet, do some research and then get the right beard trimmer for you.
Also read: Do Electric Shavers Work on Legs?